..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Discuss Any Type Of Console Games

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How To Avoid 360 Red Ring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-05-20

How To Avoid 360 Red Ring Empty
PostSubject: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:24 am

How To Avoid 360 Red Ring Red-ring-of-death-490px

Do you have a sick Xbox 360? Here is the cure.

The Why Of Red Rings

If you've had problems with your Xbox 360, you've most likely been a victim of overheating. A faulty heat sink clamp is often the main culprit, but the overall cramped hardware design doesn't help, and can eventually lead to the dreaded Red Ring Of Death or RROD

Disc Disasters

Even if you don't get hit with Red Rings, you might start getting "disc unreadable" errors even on flawless discs. To minimize scratched discs, only move your console when it's safely turned off.

Console Feng Shui

Lose the clutter! If you've wedged your Xbox 360 into a crowded entertainment center, you're asking for trouble. If your fan kicks into high gear regularly, take that as a sign that you need to give your baby a bit more space.

Power Trip

Balance your power. That giant power supply brick needs some elbow room, and seems happiest when elevated from a surface. Drink coasters, or anything that elevates both sides of the brick without covering the center parts. It needs 360* to let off its heat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skateboardsuperstaar
LazloZania
Grand Pancake Master (Mod.)
Grand Pancake Master (Mod.)
LazloZania

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:39 am

Oh snap dude! Thanks for the tips Smile. I need to set my power brick up so it doesn't blow up. You and your beastin' articles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/smallkidoncampus
machinereplica
Misfit
Misfit
machinereplica

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah, I told you most of that stuff. I didn't know about the disc thing though. I never move mine anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/child_of_korn
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:29 pm

machinereplica wrote:
Yeah, I told you most of that stuff. I didn't know about the disc thing though. I never move mine anyway.

you always have something to say huh?

cool it man. you will be ok.
Back to top Go down
Stolensoul
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:00 am

Hah, nice tips. I don't think I'll have to worry about mine overheating when I get it. The room its going to be in is the coldest in the house. I have the windows open 24/7
Back to top Go down
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 am

Stolensoul wrote:
Hah, nice tips. I don't think I'll have to worry about mine overheating when I get it. The room its going to be in is the coldest in the house. I have the windows open 24/7

Just because your room is cold doesnt mean anything. Your power brick and the area around our xbox is the most vital to your xbox's health.
Back to top Go down
Stolensoul
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:56 am

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Avoid 360 Red Ring   How To Avoid 360 Red Ring I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Avoid 360 Red Ring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index :: New Updates :: Xbox 360 Updates-
Jump to: