..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Discuss Any Type Of Console Games

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

random question about my xd card

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh Pink Moose
The Fiance
The Fiance
Teh Pink Moose

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-05-21

random question about my xd card Empty
PostSubject: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:49 am

this may not be the best place to talk about this but i do have a question dealing with my computer.

i have a place in my computer where you can just stick an sd/xd card in it instead of using an usb cord, well anyways. i have a band new xd card and i went to put it in and then clicked on my computer under start, then clicked on removable disk(j:) which is where my pictures show up at, but after all that...

this pop up came up on my screen asking me about formating or something meaning it would delete all my pictures off my card. so i took it out and made sure the xd card was fine and i tried again and it gave me then same thing.

so i said F**K it, and latter on i put it back in my cam and it asked if i wanted to delete all pictures, like the same thing my computer said.

is there any way to fix this problem, with out deleting all my videos and pics of the xd card?
Back to top Go down
nobhdy
Prototype
Prototype
nobhdy

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:28 am

It sounds to me like your card needs to be formatted.

My solution to this is to ignore the warning (cancel, cancel, ect) then go into my computer (i assume you use windows) and transfer the pictures manually to your desktop or wherever you keep pictures. After that, unmount the card, remount it and proceed with the instructions. After that, put a picture back on there and reinsert the card just like the first time. If it wants to you delete the pics again, uninstall any programs used to manage the sd slot. It should still work fine if you have the drivers.

You use an HP, dont you? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fallenangelseries.com/forums
Teh Pink Moose
The Fiance
The Fiance
Teh Pink Moose

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:33 am

thanks all try all of that.

and yup i sure do.
Back to top Go down
nobhdy
Prototype
Prototype
nobhdy

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:54 am

Teh Pink Moose wrote:
and yup i sure do.

Damn, I'm good. Cool
Back to top Go down
Teh Pink Moose
The Fiance
The Fiance
Teh Pink Moose

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:07 am

i still havnt tried it yet, but you sure are good on guessing what i have and all. but then again maybe it was just common sence to you.
Back to top Go down
nobhdy
Prototype
Prototype
nobhdy

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm an Electronics Technician for the Navy's Nuclear Submarine force.

It's kinda like a hobby, i guess.

So did it work?
Back to top Go down
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:04 pm

no she got a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skateboardsuperstaar
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random question about my xd card   random question about my xd card I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

random question about my xd card
Page 1 of 1