..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Discuss Any Type Of Console Games

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do with your HD DVD player

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-05-20

What to do with your HD DVD player Empty
PostSubject: What to do with your HD DVD player   What to do with your HD DVD player I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Sometimes when you lose, you win. Okay, so maybe siding with HD DVD in the HD format war wasn’t the best decision you ever made. Don’t worry, though, companies like Wal-Mart and Best Buy are taking pity on you. As of the time of this writing, prominent retailers are now offering rebates and some are even taking trade-ins for those who bought HD DVD players. Listed below are just some of the retailers offering mercy to HD DVD player owners.

Amazon.com:
Acknowledging that “new technologies don’t always work out as planned” online retailer Amazon has offered a $50 credit to those who bought an HD DVD player from them before February 23, 2008.

Best Buy:
Offers a $50 gift card to those who bought either a HD DVD player or and HD DVD attachment (like the one for the Xbox 360) before the format’s official demise on February 23. The company says it will automatically send off the cards to those whom it can identify (such as those in the Best Buy Reward Zone program or those who purchased extended warranties). The rest of the customers can call the company with a proof of purchase to receive there cards.
Furthermore, Best Buy is buying back HD DVD players via its online trade-in center www.bestbuytradein.com, although the Xbox 360 add-on player is worth under $20.

Circuit City:
The big box consumer electronics retailer is accepting returns on HD DVD players within 90 days of purchase for store credit.

Wal-Mart:
If you act before April 30 and you bought your player on or after November 1, 2007, Wal-Mart store will offer a refund as long as you have a receipt. Original packaging no required.

Of course, if you want to keep your HD DVD player – it does, after all, offer and high definition movie experience – you can take advantage of the many HD DVD movie sales going on right now. Amazon.com is selling some HD DVD discs for up to 60% off (with all HD DVDs discounted at least 30%) Other online sites such as www.deepdiscount.com or www.hddvdvoxsets.com are offering similar savings.

Yours truly,
The Green Llama
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skateboardsuperstaar
Teh Pink Moose
The Fiance
The Fiance
Teh Pink Moose

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your HD DVD player   What to do with your HD DVD player I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:51 pm

yeah i know someone who had an hd dvd player that he bought from best buy, so he took it back and all or whatevver but i kow they gave him an 50 dollar gift card for free just as an thanks for buying it at best buy.
Back to top Go down
Teh Pink Moose
The Fiance
The Fiance
Teh Pink Moose

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your HD DVD player   What to do with your HD DVD player I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:51 pm

which you already said in this forum, my bad i didnt read all of it just the first part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your HD DVD player   What to do with your HD DVD player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with your HD DVD player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index :: New Updates :: Xbox 360 Updates-
Jump to: