..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Discuss Any Type Of Console Games

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teh Green Llama
Life Time Rocker
Life Time Rocker
Teh Green Llama

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Empty
PostSubject: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:52 am

You may have heard sometime last year about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360 and PC) getting delayed to a late '08 and '09 release, but as it turns out, that's not the end of it. According to an article in the Xbox 360 World magazine, the latest sequel to the much-anticipated series will be pushed back further to late 2009, or even Spring 2010.

The reason? Apparently, the game is sent back to the drawing board by its developer, Ubisoft Montreal. It's a good thing that they're not rushing the game, however, as it may have ended up playing a bit like Ubisoft Montreal's other stealth masterpiece, Assassin's Creed (Micorosft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3, PC). However, the magazine also stated that the delay may have been brought about by Conviction getting "outdated" by the newer games, such as...yes, Assassin's Creed.

We may not get our fix of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction this year, but you can be that whatever Ubisoft has in mind, it's going to be an awesome gaming line-up in the coming fiscal year.

Credit Goes To: http://xbox360.qj.net/Tom-Clancy-s-Splinter-Cell-Conviction-further-delayed/pg/49/aid/120311
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skateboardsuperstaar
Teh Yellow Weasel
Prototype
Prototype
Teh Yellow Weasel

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 1:46 am

Garr. I like my Splinter Cell and I've been waiting forever. I liked the last one other than the abomination that they called online play. I could never kill anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nickthemuffinman
nobhdy
Prototype
Prototype
nobhdy

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:29 am

Considering the reputational weight that the Splinter Cell franchise carries in terms of beauty and gameplay, it doesn't surprise me that it has been sent back to the drawing board. As successful as games like Halo3, Assassins Creed, and Tiberium Wars have been, Ubisoft is on a roll and can't afford to look like they are cranking out franchise games to make a quick buck. As of late, Ubisoft has been gaining a reputation as a very solid game developer, even comparing to the flawless record that Blizzard holds.

If you're hungry for some Splinter Cell action, check out some games like Assassins Creed or Army of Two.

Or you could re-play the old titles. I know there are more than one or two ways to complete each mission, and even back in the day, they were pretty next-gen for their time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fallenangelseries.com/forums
Bucket-Face25
Prototype
Prototype
Bucket-Face25

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Come on man i dying for Conviction but they keep pushing back. This is similar to when Super Smash Bros Brawl was going to come out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
..::The Unholy Realm Of Addicted Gamers::.. Forum Index :: New Updates :: Xbox 360 Updates-
Jump to: